Greetings from across The Pond - Kayak Fishing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2020, 05:27 AM   #1

Default Greetings from across The Pond

Yeah, I'm a Mainer (Mainah), but got caught overseas when the lock down craze took hold. So I'm currently in So. Africa with my Ukrainian wife visiting her daughter and new SiL on the family farm. We're all safe, nobody's sick, but I'm bored to tears and homesick as all get out wishing I was back in Maine where at least I could go do some fishin in my favorite little puddle.

When we're finally allowed to travel again we'll head back to Ukraine where we hope to finalize my bride's immigration visa, just need the medical exam and interview, then off to my beloved Maine.

Deep breath...

I'm 62 and skinny as a bean pole and in fair health.

Right now I have 2 - 17' touring yaks and a 12' Elie Coast 120 (not the Angler version) sitting in the barn waiting for us. I plan to put my bride in the Elie and get another yak for me. Currently looking at the WS Tarpon in 14 or 12' also liking the Old Town Predator MX 12'. Still need to decide whether I plan to stand up much. The Tarpons are available on Amazon for under $1k with some Prime eligible.

The majority of our fishing will be on small lakes & ponds with some rivers and streams mixed in for funsies.

I've been spending untold hours watching YT vids and I see that most kayak anglers tend to use subdued colored boats. I really wanted a red one, but I also wanna catch fish so...

Ok, that'll do for now. Thanks for letting me aboard and hope to learn and share much in the future.
MAINEiac in a Kayak is offline   Reply With Quote